Community near the Van Zandt line, with a post office from 1902 to 1903 when the mail was transferred to Wills Point.
Named for Stanford T. Wilson who came to Kaufman County with his new bride in the fall of 1865 and settled the little hamlet just north of Kemp. The deed to the land on which the little chapel and cemetery … Continue reading
Jasper D. Weaver gave land for a cemetery when his daughter J.P. born 1856 died in 1862.
Community northeast of Kemp, so called because of a plentiful supply of pure water from a deep rock lined well which supplied people as far away as Prairieville with a water supply.
First called Warsaw Prairie. The story is told that the word Warsaw came from a word interpreted as that by the white men from Indians attempting to pronounce water and their English was misunderstood. The post office was established prior … Continue reading
Location is unknown but it had a post office from 1902 until 1904 when the mail was transferred to Kemp.
Listed as post office from October 22, 1872 until it was discontinued May 15, 1876. John R. Daugherty was the first Postmaster.
The name was changed to Parvin Park after the railroad came and Mr. Parvin developed a nice park area and people came by rail to enjoy an outing. Union Grove had a post office from 1872 to 1878 and again … Continue reading
Early settlement located on the Hunt-Kaufman County line on the land of Elijah Turner for whose family it was named. It had a post office as early as 1858.
First called Trinity when the post office was established by N. Beardslee on June 22,1848. On July 11, 1848 the name was changed by the post office department to Forks of Trinity, and again changed to Black Hill. The post … Continue reading